quotes Cathy likes


"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."— Dr. Seuss

Saturday, February 18, 2012

When the Muse strikes....

I must admit that this phrase, which I have used as my blog post came into my head as I was thinking about writing.  Essentially I was thinking about doing something about writing.  This is mainly due to the fact that I haven't made much of an effort recently to bang away on the keyboard or to write anything in the little notebook, that makes my handbag that much heavier, just in case I get an inkling of inspiration.



I am writing this post, because my recent writer's block seems to have cleared.  There are a lot of ideas that are circling around in my head, and I feel that I need to get at least some of them down.

I still had writer's block when I came across a post on Gretchen Rubin's blog about Henry Miller's 11 Writing Commandments.  I only had to read the first one before I stopped and started to deliberate. 

1. Work on one thing at a time until finished.

I have been trying to access a hard drive which has a copy of my NaNoWriMo 2011 attempt on it, unfortunately without success.  In this case, I think I am going to start one of the ideas that I had and see where that leads me.  I didn't get enough time during NaNo to think hard about where the plot of the book was going to go.  That is going to be my main focus as I am beginning this new project.

2 comments: