quotes Cathy likes


"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."— Dr. Seuss

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Review - The Bachelor and Spinster Ball - Janet Glover

This year I am taking part in a challenge to read books by Australian women.  The first book I reviewed was String Bridge by Jessica Bell.



The second book I am reviewing is


The Bachelor and Spinster Ball (Little Black Dress)The Bachelor and Spinster Ball by Janet Gover

ISBN: 978 0 7553 4716 2

My rating: 4 of 5 stars





I am also going to link up this time to Kim of Reading Matters - Australian Literature Month.






By reading this book, I discovered a new Australian author, Janet Glover, and Little Black Dress books.  I wanted to read this book as it is set in a small town in Queensland and from the title I thought it might be interesting.  The story revolves around Hailey and Bec and their love lives essentially.  Add Nick to the mix.  The three of them grew up together and Bec and Nick were together until she got bored with small town life and moved to Brisbane.  After Hailey's parents die, Bec moves back to help Hailey out.  I did get confused by the number of names that were mentioned in the book.  There is lots of space covered by whether or not Nick and Bec will get back together again.  What saved the book for me was the introduction of a character called Steve and what happens once he is part of the book.  Also a few plot twists made it more interesting.  It is an easy read.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this title or author. Thanks for sharing your review! I've added the book to the AWW challenge bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shellyrae for adding the book to the AWW challenge bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this author, but sounds like it was an enjoyable read

    ReplyDelete