quotes Cathy likes


"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."— Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January prompt - A Classics Challenge - The Author

Back in November I signed up for the challenge of reading seven classic books this year, only three of which can be re-reads.

I am starting with my two Jane Austen novels, neither of which I have read before.  I am starting off with Northanger Abbey and then I will read Mansfield Park.  She also wrote Emma, Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice. 

Jane Austen was born on December 16th 1775 at Steventon Rectory near Basingstoke in Hampshire.

I started Northanger Abbey this morning and I must admit I am gradually getting used to the language used.  If you click here you can read the novel online in book style format.

9 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy NA--I'm a hardcore Janeite and every Austen I'm currently reading is my favorite. There's a lot of interesting characters in NA, and Mr. Tilney is a real treat.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Northanger Abbey last year and really enjoyed it. Very humorous take-off of Gothic novels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jane for stopping by and commenting. I can't wait to read what happens with Catherine and Mr Tilney! Will something happen? I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cat for commenting. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy Northanger Abbey. I smiled on several occasions while reading it. :)
    Thank you for your post Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Katherine for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything and everything Jane Austen. The only one I have not read yet is Mansfield Park though.

    Mr. Henry Tilney from NA doesn't get as much appreciation as the other Jane men do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to read all of Jane Austen's books this year Elisa but I am not sure I am going to manage it!

    Thanks Kell for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

    ReplyDelete