quotes Cathy likes


"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."— Dr. Seuss

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Festive reading

It is the first day of December, and we are heading closer to Christmas.  Like most years I tend to start to look forward to the day, and I feel like getting into a festive mood.  To facilitate this I do things like listen to Christmas carols.  I also read.

For the past couple of years I have tended to read Jostein Gaarder's The Christmas Mystery.  To me this story is magical as it brings an Advent calendar to life.

Christmas MysteryChristmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder

My rating: 4 of 5 stars









I also love reading Cecilia Ahern's The Gift.  This book makes you think about what is really important in your life.

The Gift: A NovelThe Gift: A Novel by Cecelia Ahern

My rating: 5 of 5 stars









Last year I invested in a few extra Christmas titles and thoroughly enjoyed those.

All I Want for ChristmasAll I Want for Christmas by Amy Silver

My rating: 4 of 5 stars








Twelve Days of ChristmasTwelve Days of Christmas by Trisha Ashley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars






What will you be doing to get into a festive mood?  What will you be reading?

7 comments:

  1. Two words: Mulled Wine! :)

    Great selection of festive novels. I must check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Talli - now that is a great suggestion - mulled wine. I am glad you like my choice of festive novels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great suggestion from Talli!

    You have quite a selection of Christmas stories for me to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a selection of Christmas books, thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Nas Dean - well I hope you enjoy them.

    @ Romance Reader - thank you for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look like some great Xmas titles.
    I usually watch Christmas DVD's/films.
    Funnily enough, though, this year I have a Hamish Macbeth Christmas title by M C Beaton A Highland Christmas that I got from the library. It was recommended by someone. I forget who.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Christmas theme films as well. I loved watching the series of Hamish Macbeth many years ago. Sounds like a good recommendation.

    ReplyDelete