quotes Cathy likes


"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."— Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

NaNoWriMo - progress

I haven't touched my NaNo effort since week 1.  The last time I was writing it, I decided that I wanted to do lots of revision before continuing.  At that stage the total was around 6300 words.

I found this blog post yesterday, and there is lots of helpful advice.  I think I have done the right thing in staying away from my manuscript.

Although yesterday the creative muse got me, and I felt like adding to my story.  At the end of yesterday I had 7878 words.  I put the brakes on then.

When I stopped for today the word count had reached 9022 words.

I had realised that one reason why I had slowed right down is that I hadn't done much plotting, and I think that I would have felt much better if I had done more plotting and developing of my story arc.  When I read Talli Roland's post on Saturday, I thought 'yes', I must be someone who needs to plot.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading my post!

    I've tried not plotting, and it doesn't work for me. I don't plot now in detail, but I need to know where I'm driving to. I've been facing some difficulty with my current WiP, because I didn't know 100 per cent where the plot was going - it seems to be deviating from my plan! It's taking me longer to write, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talli, I love your blog and go off to read your other posts in the blogosphere as well. I look forward to reading your next WiP. I need to get organised and read 'Build a Man'!

    ReplyDelete