quotes Cathy likes


"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."— Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NaNoWriMo - it's all over


Today marks the end of NaNoWriMo for 2011.  I wrote at the beginning of the month that I wasn't going to participate, but then I changed my mind.  I changed my mind because of a blog post by one of my favourite Australian authors, Lisa Heidke.  I didn't write 50,000 words.  My total is just over 10,000 words; but I am totally content with that.  Unlike last year's attempt, I actually quite like my story and I do want to continue writing this manuscript, but I am going to develop where I want my story to go first.  Developing some of my characters has been great fun too.

It has been a very creative month in terms of new ideas as well.  I have also come up with different ideas for other books as well.  I will have to decide which one to go with first.  Needless to say, whichever one I pick, I will be developing more of a story line before jumping in totally blind.

2 comments:

  1. I know it makes you happy being creative Cathy, so you must be feeling very pleased, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are correct Linda. I am very happy when I am being creative. Thank you for stopping by and commenting :)

    ReplyDelete