quotes Cathy likes


"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."— Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 - Why?

I truly wasn't going to sign up this year.  After last year's effort, when I ended up really hating my book and wanting to drown all of my characters in the lake near where I live.  But after reading a post by one of my favourite Australian authors, I thought well why not.

I will explain why.  You see, in a way I dreaded the whole pressure thing of reaching the magic number of 50,000 words.  I felt like I was in a pressure cooker, and there were days when I just couldn't churn out the 1666 words necessary to reach the magic target.  So I vowed not to do it.

However, this morning I read a blog post, by the Australian author, Lisa Heidke, and that led me to change my mind.  I am not going to aim for 50,000 words.  I am going to aim to get some words on the page or a few pages, and some semblance of a story that may, one day, be published.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck with the project Cathy, is it to be a childrens book or adult? It looks like I am your first follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Linda. It is an adult book that I am working on, and yes you are my first follower :)

    ReplyDelete