quotes Cathy likes


"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."— Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review - What Kate did Next

I have been lucky enough to have acquired all of Lisa Heidke's books that have been published so far and I have read them in quick succession.  They were on the must fit into suitcase as I came back from a trip to Australia (my home country) in August.  I am so glad that I packed them, as I have loved them all.  My favourite so far would have to be 'What Kate did Next'.  If you click on the link it will lead you to Lisa Heidke's website, which has been recently updated.  Lisa currently lives on Sydney's north shore (which is where I grew up), and her next book 'Stella Makes Good' is out in January 2012 (this is most definitely on my to buy and treasure list).

I could really identify with Kate in this book.  She is a mid 30s woman who is having a bit of an identity crisis, and is given an opportunity to dip her big toe back into employment to fill in for someone.  She was a well regarded photographer, but is a bit out of touch after concentrating on her family.  This book is set in Sydney, so as I was reading I felt like I was at home and this just added to the attraction.

Needless to say, I have found another author whose books I really like, and intend to follow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment